I sold this watch today. I buy and sell a few. Hobby? Thinly veiled consumerism? How much is a watch worth? They can be, might be little bits of art that you wear on your wrist. Seiko is Seiko, but King Seiko is a step above. The details are beautiful. There is something to this. An effort above and beyond. No precious metals. Not even an absurd price tag, though they will cost you more than any reasonable person would pay for a watch.
I sold it today. And another one. The sale of a third is pending. It's a tidy sum that I've collected. It was a tidy sum I put out to obtain these. The sums are nearly equal; I got to experience these for next to nothing.
Watches are ridiculous. I might have one more in me. It'll be equally ridiculous. What else was I going to do?


No comments:
Post a Comment