With a nail, or spike, or similar, you can attach these little discs to a zucchini and race them down ramps. This, somehow, entertains 10 year olds to no end. 12 kids. 48 holes. I hope she doesn't want to do this when she's 25...
Actually started putting it back together by the end of the day. Barely. I'm still not optimistic that I've fixed it, but it really is a lovely feeling to know so much about a machine, how it's put together, how the bits interact. I'm a little disappointed I missed the focus on the gear changer mechanism photograph, but I'm not taking it apart again to get it right. The nice part about working on a motorcycle is the decided lack of hammers and cutting tools needed to dismantle it. So strange.
Shift springs. Gear box oil. Clutch bleed. Day 1. Still pretty sure the problem is the clutch. But I'm getting to know this motorcycle pretty thoroughly. Mostly I'm finding out how many bolts have rattled loose and dropped out onto the road.
I can see the difference in the photos I take with different cameras. Most of the time. The iconic Vancouver crows on a power line was taken with a mock rangefinder camera, a little digital Fuji with a fixed 35mm (equivalent) lens. Tonight I was longing for a slightly longer focal length and a full sized sensor.
I have both; the longer focal length and the full frame sensor, if film counts. If I did the math I'd probably discover I've taken more photographs of this Leica M3 than photographs with it. It might be time to change that.