Wednesday, August 25, 2010

10-8-25


So I missed another day. I didn't mean to but I fell asleep before I managed to get some pixels converted to some whimsical part of my day. I tried to make up for it by taking a photograph at dawn. It wasn't that I got up early to do this but I don't sleep a lot and when I'm asleep at 11pm I'm up at 5am. I suppose that's six hours, probably enough sleep for someone my age. I used to take a lot of photographs of sunrises. Lately I haven't so much. I'm sure there's some symbolic meaning to that but at the moment I don't know what it is.

I am finding more and more that landscapes are intriguing and John Hendry park, probably partially due to proximity, lures me again and again. It, like most urban landscapes, is completely contrived but is somehow comforting. And then people show up.

I think I'd like to take black and white photographs for a week. No good reason. Probably a few bad reasons. Bad reasons have never stopped me before.

No comments: