Tuesday, February 4, 2014

14-2-4

5 years in the making and I have these shelves. I've drawn them more than once, lost the drawing, thought about it again, dreamed of a table saw capable of realizing these twelve boxes, accepted that IKEA would forever hold my books, rebelled against IKEA, thought about them again. The whimsical, slightly skewed box at the top holds the first camera I ever owned that I can no longer get film for, and my father's Spotmatic that no longer recognizes light with it's meter. I can't reach the top shelf anyway, not without a ladder.

I'm going to shoot film for a bit. For this blog, film. The thing with film is that it's slow, much like the establishment of my living space, slow. So the updates won't happen for a while, not until I've shot the first roll of film, developed and scanned it. 36 pictures? I could shoot that tomorrow so it might only be 2 days before the first update. Realistically? A week. How long will I do this? Well, it took five years to build that shelf. So....

No comments: