Wednesday, January 28, 2015

15-1-28

Things that never happen when you shoot digital: the camera is "on" in your bag and the shutter release continues to release until the film has completely exposed itself to darkness wasting something like 20 frames of film. In the old days I would rewind the film leaving a tail and then rewind it back into a camera. In the 21st when you rewind film, even in my 20th century camera, it buries the tail. So I took my camera out today to take this photo, and the film had expired itself, shooting through 26 exposures or so in my bag. So I took this with the "back up" digital. I'm loading a Fuji Pro 400 into the film camera tonight. The experiment, with this hiccup, will continue.

Edit: I've recently noticed that my photos are changing in colour space through the uploading process. This one has way more detail in the shadows than the original and has a lot more blue in it. A couple of days ago the saturation was adjusted in the photo of the kid. There have been others. This never used to happen with Blogger. I may have to experiment and find another site to host this mess, or at least figure out if this is a Blogger specific phenomenon.

No comments: