Friday, February 13, 2015

15-2-12

17 of the last 18 days were shot on film. Real, old fashioned film. Some with 35mm, some with 120. Mostly Kodak but there was some Fuji in there too. The Mamiya was a tank of a camera to haul around but I like it. It's a good camera. And I like that old equipment still works after years of use. I'm not one to upgrade my digital equipment too often, my camera is 6 years old, that's ancient in the world of digital cameras, but it's starting to show signs of wear. The autofocus is sometimes temperamental. Some of the dials don't do what they are supposed to do when you ask them to do it, or at least not the first time. Of course there's technology involved here too, the scanner I use is alright, it could be better, so I'm left longing for new technology to maintain my old technology. Anyway, I'm back onto digital after today for a bit but I'm certainly happy with the film experiment.

No comments: