Thursday, April 16, 2015

15-4-16, bonus edition....

 On any given day I might take a few pictures. On any (most) given day(s) that picture ends up here.

 But there's always more than one taken. Well, not true, sometimes there is exactly one taken. Some days there are none taken. But most days there are a few taken.

 I've been finding it harder to find the energy to take photos every single day. To take the same photos every single day.

 Sam did it for years and years. Ten years, I think, and his approach was marginally easier in that he just posted a photo every day whereas I take a photo every day and post it. Sam might take 50 photos on a weekend and he'd be good for nearly 2 months of posts.

 But even Sam got sick of it after 10 years. He's a better photographer than me too. Or maybe I'm just homesick for Toronto. Still. Even the cabs are just the right colour there.

Funnily, I find it nearly impossible to take photos in Toronto. Everything there seems normal, or "right" to me. And one only wants to take photos of things that are unique, noticeable, different. I like all of today's photos on some level. The isolation of the red chair chained to a fence, protecting a moment that seems so disorienting, trees with flowers, trees on buildings, that damn cat... and so on.

When you're from a place you don't notice it. Like old shoes, they are just there, you don't give them a second thought as you walk in them.

I've lived in Vancouver for longer than I lived in Toronto but it still feels like I'm visiting here and when I go back to Toronto, over 10 years later, it still feels like home. It's hard to describe why or how, but that's how it is.

No comments: