Wednesday, June 3, 2015

15-6-2

I'm cleaning house. Slowly. I donated some shoes, and some clothes. I've sold a whole mess of stuff on eBay. I've sold a couple of bikes.

I have too much stuff.

Some of it is trophies. Some of it is just garbage. And some of it I keep around because I'm nostalgic.

I'm about to sell a car. I have two cars and a motorcycle. I drive the three of them collectively less than 8000kms a year. For a person who doesn't drive I sure do have a lot of vehicles.

There's a lamp that I never installed. At least two more bikes. Cameras. I have a lot of cameras. Most get used, there are three that don't. They will be gone soon.

One man's garbage...

This blanket was rescued from a dumpster in Calgary. It was still wrapped in plastic. The house was to be demolished, sold by the kids of deceased parents. They hired someone to gut the place. There was a picture of the owner shaking hands with Brian Mulroney. 78rpm records. A brand new, in the box, metal Coleman cooler that you'd see sell on eBay for about $100 or more. There was a lot of stuff with reasonable value, but I saw this blanket, an authentic, made in England, point blanket. This one is 3 1/2 points. It sells for $350 today, and I found it in a dumpster.

It's a prized possession, and a lovely piece.

Some of the stuff I'm getting rid of is junk. But the car, the bikes, the cameras, they have potential. They might make someone as happy as this blanket makes me, though there won't be a car in the dumpster behind my house. The cameras will be free, or close to it, They are all film, if anyone is interested.... Some are pretty neat. All are decent. I will put one more roll through each before they go to make sure they still work. It's a good time to do this since my trusted Nikon will be going in to be repaired this week.

...

The Nikon goes in to be repaired this week. Yes, I have two other digital cameras, but I think I'm going to shoot film for a bit. So... a pause. When taking inventory a pause is a good idea. Though I'm keeping four film cameras, and "last driving" three. There will be no rest in the pause, camera wise anyway.

...

It's a great blanket.


No comments: