Wednesday, July 1, 2015

15-6-30

Summer hasn't really started yet and it feels like the days are getting shorter. The weather has been amazing, hot, humid, lovely here in BC. It reminds me of Ontario summers, which, ironically, is where I'm going to tomorrow and where the weather has been unseasonably cool.

The days are getting shorter. It seems wrong that this happens at the beginning of summer as you try to cram more into this time of year. Like the pressure to make this the best summer ever isn't enough, today was shorter than yesterday. Tomorrow the kid and I go to Ontario. There will be a motorcycle trip when I get back, maybe, if I can figure out a way to weld a rack for my motorcycle in the fleeting days.

I've never wanted less to do, just more time to do all the things I want to do. It's important to pay attention to the light, to the days. Right now they are getting shorter.

No comments: