Thursday, March 3, 2016

16-3-3

When they were filming Deadpool in Vancouver it made getting around town difficult. I resented them for closing down the viaduct for days. The ads for the movie looked terrible. And I thought it was going to be the worst movie ever. It has a smarmy, smart aleck lead character who breaks the fourth wall repeatedly and there was no way that could be good. But then friend after friend said it was good. The reviews were good. And it was recommended over and over again. So I went to see it tonight. Partially because of the wave of support for it, partially because it was showing in the pretty incredible Dunb r (sic) theater. And I'll admit it; I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. It won't change your world, it won't enlighten you, it doesn't have a noble parable to convey, but it was thoroughly entertaining, and very well done, and I'd recommend seeing it. Or maybe it was just the fabled Dunbar theater that I enjoyed.

No comments: