Monday, June 6, 2016

16-6-6

On June 6, 2006 I welded up my 6th bike frame. It was given the name 666 after the date it was built; 06/6/6. The name worked well with what I was calling the bikes at the time; Satan Cycles, a reference to where I was living; Calgary. I thought of them as "bikes from hell." I was hard on Calgary when I lived there, and still am if I'm to be honest, but it did afford me the opportunity to run a successful bike store for 9 years or so, and allowed me the means to build this bike frame.

Ten years later, to the day, it's still among the best bikes I've ridden. I mean, I learned a lot from all the bikes I'd ridden before making this one and there's probably no small amount of luck in getting this one so right but I've got some pretty stellar bicycles from top tier builders to compare this one to and I still like this one a lot. More than the others? Maybe. As much? Definitely.

No comments: