Tuesday, July 24, 2018

18-7-22

Nope. Nothing. It's been a challenge to take photographs lately. Maybe it's a bit of burnout from the road trip. Maybe it's just that I've walked down every street, ridden a bike in every alley, seen every building/house/tree/park this city has to offer. I mean, I know that's not true, but some days it feels like it. More bike rides? Maybe more motorcycle rides? I suspect I just need to get out of town more often. Or forever.

I make challenges, like film, to keep it interesting. Maybe two weeks with a medium format camera, since there's only 15 shots per role of film. Or just one week, and post two pictures a day. Maybe an instant camera. Maybe video for a week. I don't know.

Maybe it's time for a hiatus again.

I mean, I like that I can scroll down to 11 years ago today and see that I spent some time ripping around on a Vespa P125E. That's not why I do this, though I'm not sure why I do this.

There have been days when I've purposely missed a day; I'm not sure if "kintsugi" is the word I'm looking for here for when that happens. I certainly appreciate the flaws making this "thing" a better "thing." But I didn't purposely miss today. I had a camera with me all day. I just didn't take any pictures.

I'm not sure why.

No comments: