Saturday, January 2, 2021

21-1-2


 We bought her an 8" kitchen knife for Christmas. Proper handle, handmade in Germany, lifetime warranty, it's a pretty amazing knife. I'm at an age where I'm buying things like it might be the last of that thing I might buy in my life, or at least that's what I aspire to. But this kid, I like the idea of giving her things she will have her entire life. She will have that knife her entire life, assuming she doesn't pawn it for drugs, or has it stolen by a roommate, or does whatever it is people do to make ends meet down the road. If that's the case, she'll get my knife. It's 10 years old. It will outlast me. So she's allowed to fuck up and lose this thing. I hope she doesn't. Not worried if she does. 


Tonight she made short work of onions, green peppers, mushrooms, garlic. I'm making pasta from scratch. We talked food theory. We tasted before and after seasoning. She gets it. 

No comments: