Wednesday, July 21, 2021

21-7-20


 I like these urban photos that look very rural. 12th and Clark in Vancouver. That's a $1.5 million dollar house or thereabouts. 

I also like the single light being on. There's a feeling of loneliness. 

It's a late night photo with a new camera. The Fuji X100S has done it's duty and been replaced by a Fuji X100V. I love/hate these little cameras. The X100S was used and abused for 8 years which is a long time for anything digital. It's life isn't over but it's life with me is over. I'm sure it has some good pictures left in it. 

The X100V, well, it's new. It's so familiar while being so different at the same time. I'm getting used to it. Some of the changes seem arbitrary. Some are "improvements" I also would have made, until experiencing the "improvements" first hand. The ISO dial being an analogue thing makes sense on the surface. I would have done the same thing, until I used it. And I worry that it might not be as durable a control as it needs to be. It's a delicate pull up ring thing reminiscent of an old Pentax Spotmatic. But different enough in how it works that I don't have a lot of faith in it lasting 50 years like the Spotmatic. Hopefully it lasts 5 years. 

No comments: