Friday, May 27, 2022

22-5-26

My coffee machine died a couple of months ago. I've been "surviving" on stove top espresso and drip coffee but I finally got around to taking in the big machine, the commercial Nuova Simonelli Mac DIGI in for repair. Turns out there's a short in the 28 year old circuit board and, as you could imagine, they don't make them anymore, and there was no guarantee that installing a new circuit board would fix it. What was just as likely to happen is the "thing" that fried the old circuit board might fry the new circuit board. So it got recycled. 


And I bought a new machine. 


Nuova Simonelli Oscar. It's a residential machine. It feels light compared to the old one. I very nearly throw it off the counter when swapping in the porta filter. It makes pretty stellar coffee and I've missed the quality espresso in the mornings. Today was its inaugural run. On a cost per cup evaluation, I'm at about $300 per cup of coffee. I'll be working on getting that number down. I don't think this one will last the same 28 years as the old one. If it lasts 10 I'll be happy.
 

No comments: