Monday, December 19, 2022

22-12-13


 Some bunch of years ago on a random road trip to Calgary of all places, long after I had settled in Vancouver, I went into The Camera Shop and bought this lens. It was more than I could afford but I had a credit card and it was touted at the next best thing to a Zeiss or a Nikkor top shelf lens. It was well made. The graphics were subtle, clean, efficient. f/1.4 fast. It was a good trip. The lens has spent more time on my camera than any other I own. Pennies a photo by now, I'm certain, maybe even less than a penny per photo. 


Mirrorless is slowly taking over and my camera is getting old. 6 years old. Which doesn't seem old but in the world of electronic crap, and technology, and batteries etc, it's getting old. The lens is older than that. I can get an adaptor to put this lens on a new body but is that the right approach? Is that what one does? Should I not buy the appropriate lens for the new camera? 


I'm not done with this lens yet. I'd do it all over again.

No comments: