Tuesday, April 9, 2024

24-4-8

 It was solar eclipse day. I saw one once. I thought about going to this one. It would have meant a drive to Newfoundland. The fringes were viewable from many places, but totality is what you want. Instead I stayed in Vancouver. And it rained. All day. Like it was December, it rained. Apparently it was clear in Newfoundland, but it would have been so bad if I drove that far and faced the same skies we got in Vancouver. 

So I'll make a joke about taking a photo of the partial eclipse, which you couldn't see, because of the clouds and rain. Which is a way of saying, "I didn't take a photograph today."

The next solar eclipse will be in 2026 and viewable in Iceland, Greenland, Spain, and parts of Portugal. That's a long way to drive... 

The one after that crosses northern Africa. 

No picture today. But the world was full of pictures today. So there's that. 

No comments: