Friday, October 5, 2007

265

October 5, 2007



I've been switching back and forth between two cameras and the difference in aspect ratio to me is like a punch in the face. The Nikon is a bit squatter, the Canon a bit taller. It's not much of a difference but it feels huge right now.

I noticed this spot in my neighborhood about three days ago on one of the very few occasions I didn't have a camera on me and I've been itching to get back there. In hindsight it's good that I had to go back because if I had a camera on me the first time it would have been the Canon and I think the squatter ratio (even if slightly) is more suited to this composition. I know, I could crop the taller image, but that's never been what this project is about. I would suggest that less than 2% of what is on here has had any cropping done and I can only think of one image that I've cropped significantly. Other than that they've all been full frame images composed on the spot.

No comments: