Friday, November 14, 2008

08-11-14


I've changed the subtitle of this blog from "this is where I was" to "it's in the details." The first run of this blog, the first year, was about exploring photography as a medium to convey ideas, emotions, thought. There are vast differences between "pictures", "photography", and "art." I might have been exploring ideas more closely related to art during the first 365 days. These later entries are less about that. What I'm doing now is more about documenting the little things I see each day that make me happy, like a tied spoke on a bicycle wheel, or a particular shade of orange against a particular shade of blue. There are still questions of composition, exposure, etc so these are more "photographs" than "pictures" but they are farther from "art" than I might usually attempt.

I'm still not promising to be here every day but the day that I don't see something really beautiful would be a sad day.

It's in the details.

No comments: