Sunday, November 16, 2008

08-11-16


I've never thought myself to be that much of a landscape photographer which is probably fine because most are probably thinking this isn't much of a landscape photograph. But while it's -1 and snowing in Calgary I managed to load a bunch of camera crap into a bag and ride a cross bike over to the North Shore in 13 degree weather to be greeted by an incredible moss covered landscape. It felt good to get muddy again and I'm realizing I don't ride a bike purely for pleasure enough anymore though once I was on The Shore I was wishing for a good pair of hiking boots, a tripod, three more hours of free time, and one less bike to haul around. Perhaps next time I'll lock the bike to a tree and throw a pair of hiking boots into my bag and spend more time figuring out just how to capture scenery in pictures.

No comments: