Thursday, January 14, 2010

10-1-13


When I had the bike shops there would be times when I would take off momentarily to fetch lunch or beer or whatever and these little "back in 5" signs would get made from time to time, sketched on the back of work orders, envelope scraps, whatever. Sometimes I would return to find someone waiting, sometimes I'm sure people would see the sign and say, "yeah, right" and just move on. It's been over a year since I've written one of those little signs but they look exactly like this one does. It's spooky how similar they look, how normal it was to write this one. But that's where I'm at.

I like taking photographs every day, the taking of the photographs is often the much needed "back in 5" of my day but for the last couple of weeks it's felt forced, I'm distracting by other things, or the lack of other things, and I need a bit of time to run out, grab a bite to eat, collect my thoughts, rescale, but I'll be back in 5. Days? Weeks? Months? Not sure yet. At the moment I'm thinking days but we'll see how I feel after four. Thank you.

No comments: