Monday, May 11, 2015

15-5-10

"Winter's on the way.
I should have had my wood by now
If I was going to stay.
But it looks like I'll be leaving.
Up to now I was hoping you would change your mind.
But any more is dreaming.
It's the past and I'll have to learn to leave it behind.
But isn't it a pity?
So now I have to find
Something new to do that I can call my own,
Something to believe in.
After I finally shake this devil of mine,
This believable demon.
Well I don't say I can beat them
But you know I'll be trying
While I'm in the city.
Well here am I ready as I'll ever be.
I'm feeling equal parts of lonely and of just being free.
I'm not expecting miracles.
So farewell and good bye.
Here's to us just for being such a good try.
And let's just call us even.
And let's just call this a song
To remember us by.
Now if I sang it pretty,
We could call this a song to remember us by.
If I sang it pretty."

- Bob Snider, If I Sang It Pretty



No comments: