Saturday, July 9, 2016

16-7-8




I have a new camera on the way. So new editing software is necessary because the 9 year old software I was using wouldn't support the new camera that's on the way. It's also breathed a new life into my little Fuji X100S which, for the first time, I can shoot in RAW format, which is far superior. All these photos are out of the Fuji. I was starting to grow tired of it, despite it being the best little camera on the market and sporting my preferred 35mm (equivalent) focal length.

Adobe is evil, because they don't support their old software, which wasn't cheap, so your investment is limited to the lifespan of the camera you bought to use with it. If you buy a new camera, the old software won't understand the files, so I've only ever used the jpeg format of shooting pictures with the Fuji. But there's a dynamic range and crispness to these photographs that wasn't possible with the old software. So now I'm kicking myself for not investing before now.

It's strange being without a camera that I've owned for 8 years, and strange waiting for a new camera for the first time in 8 years, but in the mean time I'll use a different camera. It's good.

No comments: