Friday, October 21, 2016

16-10-19

A bunch of years ago Radiohead decided to release a record without a company supporting them. For £40 they would mail you a copy anywhere in the world, or you could download the entire record for whatever you wanted to pay, even a single penny and the record was yours. I paid the £40 and some months later the record showed up in a brown cardboard wrapper on my porch. Fastforward to spring 2016 and I get an email saying, "hey, we're Radiohead, and we're selling another record, maybe you want to buy it." I did. And today it showed up, wrapped in a bit of the mastertape used in the recording of the record, and overall, a stunning package. Radiohead knocks it out of the park again. I bought it long enough ago that I forgot it was coming. What a lovely surprise.

No comments: