Wednesday, May 3, 2017

17-5-2

The things we hold on to. The things we protect with tarps. Not literally, but figuratively. And sometimes literally. I remember talking to a Dutch woman who ran a storage lot to the northeast of Calgary. I asked her about all the "stuff" there, the broken down motorhomes, the rusty old cars. She said, "We store peoples' dreams."

For a while anyway.

We hold on to things for strange reasons. Sometimes good reasons. Sometimes not. Sometimes the tarps come out too late, sometimes the tarps just erode. And you just stand there and watch.

"When you're losing your wings, feather by feather, love the way they whip away upon the wind." - Bill Callahan.

I'm tempted to cover this car with a new, larger, better tarp. It's not my car and I don't know who's it is, but the longer one holds onto his feathers, the longer he can fly, or at least have the potential to fly. You forget that sometimes. I do anyway.

No comments: