Thursday, June 17, 2021

21-6-15


 I have a piece of crap 2003 Nissan Pathfinder. It's my "primary" car, as in, I purport to like petrol powered things. I have a classic NA Miata which makes me happy, and a Moto Guzzi motorcycle which I put on the road for the first time in 3 years this spring. The Miata has been off the road and uninsured since last September. The Guzzi got insured on a whim and has been ridden at least 3 times in the last 3 months. The Pathfinder? It's my primary vehicle, the beater, the utilitarian vehicle. I haven't put gas in it since last January. There's some construction going on in my neighborhood (see tomorrow's picture) and I had to move the Pathfinder so I took it for a spin up to the Cypress Mountain lookout, took a photo, and drove it home again. (maybe this should be a picture of the Pathfinder?) Nearly $500 in insurance and $70 in gas is what it's cost me over the last 5 months. That's more than $2/kilometer. And a lot of that driving was just making sure the damn thing still worked. 


I should sell it. 


But even the best of car shares might cost this much when considering the once a year I drive the thing to a place. 


And today it got me this picture. 


Cars are silly things. I have 2 of them. My gross mileage since January 1? About 300kms. 


Maybe I should buy a van to convert into a camper too....

No comments: