Monday, August 30, 2021

21-8-29


 I'm not sure why these sorts of landscapes appeal to me so much. Part of it is probably context. This doesn't look like Vancouver. No mountains. No ocean. The curbs are gravel. Those houses are all about $1.5 million but you'd never guess that from this picture. There are a lot of disconnects in this photograph when you know where it was taken. This was taken around Slocan and 22nd Ave in Vancouver. www.rew.ca is where you'll see how much houses are worth here. I'd link a listing but they change so quickly as things sell. 


There's something about those trees too. Like they are accidents. Or sad reminders that all this was forest once. I don't think they are natural. I suspect as the land was cleared to build houses someone thought it good to plant some trees and while most of them have probably been taken out by strong winds or impatient owners or from just being old and precarious, these two stragglers persist. 

No comments: