Tuesday, April 25, 2023

23-4-24


 I usually ride to work across that bridge each morning. Today I had to take a detour. I didn't have a zoom lens; only a 35mm prime lens. Even then, this photo is cropped a bit to bring in the subject matter a bit. I didn't dare crop closer. 


It's hard to see. That's intentional. There's a small spec of red fire truck on that bridge. Harder to see the white fire truck directly in the middle of the bridge. On the ground are a couple of firemen or paramedics or.... They have a body board with them and they are about to strap someone to it. I don't know if they are alive or dead. It's not a very high bridge though I suppose it's high enough. It's not the first time I've seen the emergency service vehicles on this bridge. Some of the others have tall, hard to climb fences. Some have screens built over the tracks so you can't fall that far. This one is just a bridge. 


I don't understand what it is that drives a person to step over a railing in the morning. I guess they may have been down there most of the night; what do I know? 


Little detours. Unexpected turns. I made it to work. I guess that's better than some.

No comments: