Monday, July 15, 2024

24-7-10



 I don't know. I felt like it needed both photographs for the dialogue I wanted to inspire. An idea about a view, accidental, and seductive. Is it? Maybe. Maybe not. They are similar. The idea that the viewer is sitting in the dark and secret room. It's a grounded and safe place, but open to the world. Public realm, alluded to by the lamp post. Urban? Maybe. I don't know if the fill light showing some context helps, other than to help the viewer understand the context in the darker image. The darker image is more about a painting hung on a wall. Divisions of space, context to the right suggesting it's part of a larger scene, a lamp post in a thirds position in the distance, context provided by the framing. The viewer is inserted by the black foreground. I like the idea. I might even like the photograph. 

No comments: