Monday, July 15, 2024

24-7-13

I took this photograph wondering what it was about. Light and shadow. Public and private realm. Depth in a flat facade. History. Integrity. I don't know. I could tack on pretty much any descriptor. But I felt drawn to it. And then wondered why. 

The next day I walked by the same place and saw a happy photography couple photographing the same building. Him with a Rolleiflex, her with some large bodied, big lensed DSLR. 120 film is expensive. It must be a good photo for him to spend a frame on this house, standing pretty much exactly where I was standing. She, spending electrons, took several photos from the street. I only took photos of the facade above. So now the question is, did I see brilliance? Or am I part of a herd of sheep with a camera or two pretending to take magical photographs, but they are the same photographs everyone takes so how good can they be? Monkeys and typewriters and cameras....



 So I followed up with this photo. It's more my style. 

No comments: