Tuesday, March 30, 2010

10-3-29


I used to live in an apartment with the most beautiful painting on the wall. The painting was all greens with dashes of yellow and black and it was huge. The colours were streaks across the canvas, blurry, and moving. I might be making this up, but the person who owned the painting, she told me her sister painted it and I'm not sure who titled the painting but I think one of the two of them conspired to call it "A Drive in the Country in the Spring" or something similar. We were both from rural Ontario and both of us had spent at least some time in the back of a car with our faces pressed against the windows looking at the countryside whipping by. Anyone who has done similar and seen the canola just coming into bloom will understand just how perfect the painting was. I wish I had a photograph of that painting.

No comments: