Sunday, November 7, 2010

10-11-7

I rarely pose pictures. I can usually find the metaphors "in the wild" as it were. And I suppose in some ways this isn't posed either, or rather the metaphor I was looking for was inherent to the subject of this photograph. Those boots were in pretty reasonable condition when I started working on this house I live in. They've gotten pretty beaten up during the course of things and they spend more time on my feet than they should. It's been a long day and this evening it just made sense for me to take off my boots and socks and stand there barefoot. It might have been more poetic to stand in grass, or a water's edge, but in that moment I really just needed to feel the floor of my apartment. It still doesn't feel like home, but at least it feels like something.

Perhaps when all the renos are done I'll take this pair of boots and bury them in the back yard. They've worked long enough it's probably fair to suggest they should be put out of their misery. And with my boots three feet or so under ground I might just have to take a vacation.

No comments: