Wednesday, September 17, 2014

14-9-15

It's been a while since I've been in Calgary. I loathed it when I was there but am impressed by the progress it has made since I left. There are dedicated bike routes, architecture by Sir Norman Foster, a Santiago Calatrava bridge, public transit has been invested in heavily, and there's this, public art. It was an intriguing amorphic construction of frosted plexi panels. I'm speculating, but there was a small port that begged you to place your smart phone against it and I suspect it might have taken whatever image you have on your phone and projected it on the inside of these panels somehow. Maybe. I would have liked to visit this again at night to confirm the hypothesis. Regardless, it begged the viewer to walk around and through it, to touch it, to peak through the cracks of it. That's a good thing.

No comments: