Tuesday, November 24, 2015

15-11-23

It's been a while since I've used this crap little S100. But when I bought it I thought it was the best little camera in the world. It probably was. Now all I see is soft focus and muddy details. There's been an S110, and an S120 since. And now Canon doesn't even bother with the S series. I don't often complain about cameras anymore. I'm exceptionally lucky in that I have a couple of really amazing ones, and they are both quite old relatively speaking, in a world driven by technology anyway. Both have been replaced by newer models, one has been replaced by a newer model twice. It's still a good camera. A Nikon D700 is still a very good camera. A Fuji X100s is still a very good camera.

The Canon S100 produces muddy images at anything above ISO400. It's half the size of my Fuji but the pictures are a quarter as good. If nothing else, I'm good at math. It's also bigger than my phone, and my phone has as many megapixels.

I don't know if there's a compact camera that takes decent photos. Video killed the radio star and cell phone cameras killed the need for a decent compact camera.

1st world problems.

No comments: