Monday, November 30, 2015

15-11-29

 No more Toy Camera Filter shots. Or maybe one more, as a comparison. Two different photos, the first out of the camera with a traditional film type setting (that's why there was different films, right?) and then a warming photo filter (found in any photo lab, right?) and it's a photo. Or you push the magic filter button on the camera and you get the second photo. Is that a bad thing? Maybe not. I don't think it's any less legitimate than buying Kodak Portra film for a desired affect. And yet I resist it even as I use it.

What I find more intriguing is how consistent the composition is between the two images. The pair of images weren't taken right after each other. I had to go into the camera menus and change the settings and recompose the shot and it's nearly identical. I find that interesting.



No comments: