Friday, December 19, 2008

08-12-17


We're in a deep freeze in Vancouver with highs of minus five or so and lows into the negative teens. It's uncommon but not unusual I suppose. There's been snow on the ground for a few days now. I don't suspect many of the houses are designed for this kind of weather and despite where I live now being a relatively new building it gets cold here. There's no control of the thermostat, many conveniences of houses made of paper go wonky after a while and so has our furnace which is now turned on and off via an alligator clip on the side of the furnace itself which is buried in a basement suite separate from the part of the house I live in so to make things tolerable we have gas fireplaces which work surprisingly well.

But there I was with my camera in hand trying to get warm by the fire when I took this picture. Like I've said before, this blog isn't necessarily about "photography" but about pictures of things that catch my eye and there's nothing as universally hypnotic as flames.

No comments: