Sunday, December 21, 2008

08-12-20

You see this written in books sometimes: "this page intentionally left blank" which kind of betrays the logic of what has been written. I have a book I borrowed and never gave back (and if I could find the person I borrowed the book from I would gladly return it to her, really) and the title of the book is "There are two errors in the the title of this book." Of course the first error is that the word "the" is printed twice. There is no second error in the title of the book so the actual title of the book is the second error. The problem is with the title of the book being the second error there becomes two errors and then the title immediately becomes correct so there is no longer a second error. But if there is no second error then the title is wrong.... you get the picture.

Anyway, the 08-12-19 entry discusses why there is no picture here. I would have written "this entry intentionally left blank" but by writing that statement it would no longer be blank and I wouldn't want to confuse any philosophers out there.

No comments: