Wednesday, December 24, 2008

08-12-22


Snow. No really, and lots of it. I thought this was a part of life I wouldn't have to face ever again being in Vancouver. I mean, I understand there will be snow here. I might even like it a bit here and there, but it sure wreaks havoc with getting around on bike. I guess I kind of like that too except for the big lumps of tire grabbing ice hidden under the slush as you ride your bike along Broadway. Oh yeah, and everyone in Vancouver drives with summer tires. I don't blame them, snow tires for a week of snow once every five years seems a bit absurd but it sure makes for a whole slew of bad driving situations when the snow does show up. But it's been nice, this reminder that it is winter, and I like it now for now, but I'll be honest, I'm waiting for the rain to come back and wash away the snow so I can get my cross bike out again and see how much mud I can cover it with. If that doesn't happen until after Christmas I'm okay with that but if it takes much longer I might start getting antsy.

No comments: